The Araluen Arts Centre is the visual art and performance hub of Central Australia, presenting an annual program of exhibitions, performances, and film. Our galleries host significant Aboriginal art which traces the beginning and continuing development of the contemporary Aboriginal art movement. Our theatre presents world class performances from around the nation (and at times the world).
Image courtesy of Tourism NT.Visit website
The Empire Theatres is the largest performing arts precinct in regional Australia and boasts several performance and function spaces. Renowned for its classic art deco architecture, the heritage listed theatre is the jewel of the Darling Downs. It is wholly owned by Toowoomba Regional Council and managed on it’s behalf by Empire Theatres Pty Ltd.
The Empire Theatre has served as an entertainment hub for Toowoomba and the surrounding areas for over 100 years, playing an integral part in the cultural development of the region. Today the Empire Theatres precinct includes the Empire Theatre Studio, the Empire Church Theatre which hosts a variety of performances including cabaret, comedy and fine music and the Armitage Centre.
The Armitage Centre is a unique 350 seat ‘black box’ performance space and function venue which will be the main location of the Artlands 2021 Toowoomba conference.
Located 1600km’s north of Perth, the City of Karratha’s Red Earth Arts Precinct is the region’s premier facility providing a home for the arts, culture, functions, events and conferencing. The $52m facility opened its doors in April 2018 after 20 months of construction, winning the prestigious award of 2018 Master Builders Bankwest Excellence in Construction, WA’s Best Regional Project. The venue holds a special facility liquor license and works with a variety of local catering companies to deliver exceptional events of all shapes and sizes.
The precinct features;
- A multi-purpose AUDITORIUM featuring motorised retractable seating for up to 478 guests
- “The shelf” – our ROOFTOP TERRACE with panoramic city views, serviced by a catering KITCHEN
- Two stylish FOYER spaces, one at ground level and the other adjoining our rooftop terrace
- An expansive grassed AMPHITHEATRE, suitable for large-scale events of up to 2000 guests
- Two versatile STUDIO spaces, which combined allow for up to 100 guests
- Additional spaces including a KIOSK, GREEN ROOM and multiple DRESSING ROOMS
- State of the art public LIBRARY